Saturday, March 22, 2014

Weenew Truck

I was driving back home from the store today and I saw a fire truck in the oncoming lane. My first thought was 'weenew truck!' And I thought how happy my son would be if he were in the car to see it. And another thought hit me: I know I'll never ever see a fire truck and just think 'there's a fire truck'. For the rest of my years, seeing one will bring a wave of memories of my little boy and how happy that big ole truck always made him. I know one day, in the not too far future, it'll be just another truck to him because he'll outgrow the magic of a giant vehicle that squirts water with flashing lights and loud sirens and rescues people. But for me, fire trucks will always take me back to the time when my son was small and simple and was reveled by a machine that went 'weenew weenew weenew'. I'll see one and smile and probably cry a little because for a short while in my life, my sweet son loved those trucks.



No comments:

Post a Comment