Davey starts preschool in September and we're getting a head start. Lately, he's working on writing letters and numbers. He does really well recognizing shapes and colors. The other day we were sitting in a restaurant and Davey said "I see an octagon." I looked up and saw the restaurant had an octagon-shaped window. So I think if he can recognize letters and be familiar with their sounds then he should have no problems this next year. He does really well tracing letters. Most importantly, he tries hard at it. The fact that he cares to take it seriously and trace the letters and numbers correctly is, in itself, fantastic. If it's a squiggly H or a curvy I, we're not stressing about it. As long as he tries his best and understands that learning is important... I'm happy with that for now.


Yea!!! So proud of the mommy you are (although, I may be prejudice).Davey is an intelligent little boy! Love, NiNi
ReplyDeleteThank you Mom! Well we are so proud of the NiNi YOU are!!
Deleteman look at that southpaw go! he is so serious too. Its amazing how well you have taught him babe! :)
ReplyDeleteWE. How well WE have taught him. :)
Delete