Thursday, March 20, 2014

Reflux

The reflux problem is up and down...(hehe) Oakley seems in serious pain at times, but we've had tremendous improvements when he's eating solids and during his sleep. He no longer screams mid-meal in the high chair. Maybe it's because I've eliminated all apple, banana and broccoli purees from his menu, or maybe it's the Zantac. Also, I try really hard to not eat foods that might upset him but gaww it's soo hard. I have turned down pizza more times in the past month than I have in my entire 30 years of eating pizza. That's crazy willpower. I'm suppose to not eat any dairy. Any. No yogurt, cheese, milk, BUTTER. Never realized how many foods contain dairy. I can't eat garlic. Do you know that eliminates 99% of soups. The soups that taste good anyway. Not too mention every sauce we eat in this house is off limits...alfredo, lemon garlic, parmesan. Oh and tomatoes seem to upset him so no ketchup, salsa, or marinara. But I'm in love with my baby so the food sacrifices are worth it. I eat unseasoned meats, breads, potatoes, and bland pasta. But lately I find myself cheating a little more... like tonight I ate Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Therapy ice cream. Have you tasted this stuff? It'll change your life. Consistently, Oak is fine all day long. Some nights he seems to feel pain after he burps. He still spits up quite a bit too. He has a scheduled appt with his pediatrician on Monday so I'll chat with her about how it's all going. Here's a picture of my precious baby in case I haven't posted one. (joke)

No comments:

Post a Comment