Oakley is nearly 7 months old, but today he had his six month checkup, which went really well. He weighs 17.7 lbs (40th percentile), is 26.5 inches long (40th percentile) and his head circumference is 17.5 inches (70th percentile). He received several immunizations and cried a little during the last shot. Doc agrees he has a head cold but he looks fine otherwise. No problems with ears, lungs or throat. His heartbeat sounds normal. She wants to keep him on Zantac and says I need to continue to avoid foods that upset his reflux. She wants him to stay on the soy-based formula, which he gets only occasionally... a bottle every 3 or 4 days. I'm still nursing him at least four times a day. She wants him to start pureed single meats. I am not suppose to introduce him to yogurt yet... ordinarily, I would've started yogurt but until we're sure what's upsetting his digestion, we're omitting dairy. Oaks returns for his 9 month checkup at the end of June. On a side note, Davey is sick now. He has terrible nasal congestion and a runny nose. His voice is deep and raspy and his eyes are watering and his cheeks are super pink. And he's an onerous patient tonight. Combine the sickness (feeling like crap) with no nap and you've got a screaming, crying, snotty, coughing little boy. He feels awful. It's really sad to see him so uncomfortable and struggling to breath with a clogged nose. He's back asleep now and I hope the humidifier, which is turned on high, will help him through the night; although I'm certain he will wake up crying again. Whether Oak sleeps all night is pretty doubtful, but maybe I'll get lucky. Big Dave sees us three as walking petri dishes. He's keeping a little distance, understandably :)


Hey now! I still kissed you goodbye... im not keeping that much distance... Joggle on the other hand, I am avoiding sharing his food or Eskimos for a bit ;)
ReplyDeleteI wrote this post last night but you're right you did smooch me goodbye before work today... which means my germs are going to work on you as we speak (insert evil sick woman laugh) :) :)
ReplyDelete