Davey climbed into bed with us in the middle of the night and his skin felt on fire. His temperature was over 101. I felt kinda panicky about it. His little body was radiating so much burning heat, you'd swear his temp was 200℉. We gave him fever reducer meds and he fell back asleep pretty easily. I was rubbing his head and singing to him in his bed, then I got ready to leave but felt so bad for him that I laid my head on his back for another minute. Davey said "mommy you forgot to leave and go to your bed." Even when sick, he's such a practical little man. This morning his temperature hit 103.3. All he wanted to do was lay snuggled up and watch Peter Pan movie. I called doc and she said to continue meds and watch him for other symptoms. So far, fever and low appetite and lethargy are his only symptoms. He says he feels cold and sweaty and dizzy. He told me "the cold and sweatiness are coming for me, mommy". Dave bought him some popsicles and ice cream and a cold eye mask, which Davey refused to wear. We told him it was a superhero mask. He replied "you can't be a superhero without a cape". We couldn't argue with that.
Ugh those days are so hard. He will be up and running around like crazy before you know it. Hugs for you both! Austin hit 103.6 a few months ago and it was super scary, but 24 hours later he was playing like a mad man
ReplyDeleteThanks for the sympathy, girls! Love y'all!!
ReplyDelete