Monday, May 19, 2014

Ahhhh silence

It is quiet here. I hear only two things...the hum of the refrigerator and birds chirping outside. If life had a pause button I would push it right now. The boys are in their beds and falling asleep. Since 6am, I've heard one or more of these things at the same time: the Disney channel, Davey asking questions, Oakley crying, Davey explaining something, Oakley babbling, Davey talking back, Oakley giggling, Davey asking more questions, Oakley crying and screaming, Oakley screaming bloody murder, Davey throwing a tantrum, my voice reprimanding, directing, explaining or repeating something. Aaaaand now silence. I can't even describe how accomplished I feel having them both calm in their beds and silent. It's not that I don't love and adore them, I do beyond comprehension. It's just that I have missed Silence so much.

1 comment:

  1. no one would ever doubt the amount you love us 3 boys. You are such an amazing mommy, and deserve the silence! When you are around these boys, it is pretty non-stop. By the way, the picture of davey is great... it looks like he has accomplished... silence!!!! :) I cant wait to see you 3!

    ReplyDelete