We took the boys to the circus last night and someone wasn't entirely grateful for being there. We went because big Dave was asked to be the celebrity ringmaster who greets everyone over the microphone with "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages, etc." and starts the show by blowing the opening whistle. So cool. He even got free passes for all of us to go. So naturally we thought the boys would just love seeing the show. Instead we found ourselves disappointed in our older son's behavior. With little to no appreciation for getting to go to something many kids don't get to see, Davey Tre had some moments of really unacceptable behavior while the performances where happening. "I WANT A TOY! I WANT A TOY! I WANT A TOY!" "CAN I HAVE MORE FOOD? MORE FOOD?? I WANT MORE FOOD!" And then the grand finale was his screaming hysteria when his friends Graham and Michael left the circus early to go home. Really kid? You're at the freaking circus. There are clowns and flying people and elephants that dance...and that's not enough to feel entertained? So maybe our nearly 5 year old is a bit spoiled. I take responsibility for this and felt very strongly about teaching him a lesson in gratitude. Counting the long talk in the car ride home last night and the ones we've had today, Davey Tre seems to understand his behavior was disappointing and (more importantly) why. He also had lots of time to think it over while doing a few hours of chores. The playroom, living room, office, and basement are looking quiet spotless now along with some windows and the hardwood floors.



You guys are such awesome parents. Their wives will thank you. I wish we lived closer.
ReplyDeleteThey should lol :) :) I wish we lived closer too Holley Banolley!!
DeleteLove it Crystal!
ReplyDeletehaha Thank you Muzz! :)
DeleteYou are great parents! All I have to say is...It is a good thing the boys grandparents don't live close by. lol Love & miss you all, NiNi
ReplyDeletelol well it's ok if their grandparents spoil them :) :)
ReplyDelete