Thursday, August 14, 2014

Things kids say...

-Yesterday Davey said to me while I was making his lunch, "Mommy, have you ever heard about one-eyed monsters?" I said no son I haven't, have you? He said, "Yep I learned about one-eyed monsters when God was making me."

-One day after ice skating camp, Davey said to me in the car while he ate his sandwich, "Mommy do you know what my friend said about this bag?"(Referring to the plastic baggie I packed for his sandwich) Davey continued, "My friend said this bag has oil in it and it hurts animals." I wanted to say 'tell your hippy friend to zip it. He's six. He can't even spell oil.' So maybe I choose convenience over conservation...sue me kid.

-I sat with Davey during lunch one day at ice skating camp and also at our table were Davey's two friends...the six year old hipster mentioned above and another boy who's five years old. We're all sitting there and the boys are eating quietly. Out of nowhere, the five year old says "I don't think a lot about God." And like this was totally normal, the six year old responds "Neither do I." Then they both go back to sipping their slushies. A minute later, I guess to finish his thought, the five year old says with a smile, "I do think a lot about the IPAD." 

No comments:

Post a Comment