Monday, February 7, 2011

Meat on the Horizon

We are two weeks away from introducing Davey to a mighty fine food group... meats! Our pediatrician told us not to start meats until Davey is 8 months. I'm looking forward to it... giving Davey a better variety of foods. He has such a healthy appetite... even for veggies and fruits. This morning, after his breastfast (yes, that's breastfast), he ate an entire banana mixed with organic, iron-fortified rice cereal. It was a pretty hefty amount of food but he ate every bit of it. Davey's weight has been right on target. When he turned 7 months, he weighed 18 pounds and measured 27 inches long... putting him near the 50th percentile for his age group. He is still eating homemade baby food... except when we travel... I have my limitations. His favorite food still seems to be pureed sweet apples. He also loves pumpkin sprinkled with cinnamon. He's eating baby oatmeal now, along with ultra-nutritious broccoli and spinach. I'll soon be introducing him to dairy foods like yogurt and certain cheeses. Well, I just heard the little guy... he's waking up from his morning nap. That's my cue. I'll leave you with a couple of cute naked baby pics I took this weekend...


2 comments:

  1. You are like me. Landon makes fun of me, but if I say we are not starting dairy until nine months and my baby is eight months and three weeks, then NO DAIRY!!!! You just never know and I am insane. ;)

    Good luck with the meat. I hope he loves it. My boys were weirded out by the texture but eventually liked it.

    Becky wants to come down when you do so lets do it again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I would love to see Becky and Michelle and you and all the kiddos! My schedule is pretty much open for the next few weeks... so just say the word!

    ReplyDelete