Monday, November 29, 2010

Let's play catch...up

A few things have changed in our house since the Babyman was born. Baby toys, books and entertainers are scattered about, you'll find more dust (my cleaning commitment has taken a hit), and I have become a woman obsessed. I panic if I don't have means to a camera every minute. That may be a little exaggerated but you get the point. Poor Davey's infanthood is probably haunted by a bright flash. I take pictures of that kid like a one-woman paparazzi. David makes fun of me for it, but I cannot be cured. I'm an insanely proud Mommy and I need every snapshot... you never know when you might need that one picture from that one angle that captures that one particular face he makes. So, I'll share my new hobby by posting my fav pics of the little man.... all 5,354,486 of them.
Before D3, David and I thought "motor skills" applied to NASCAR drivers. Now, we're watching for and analyzing the slightest motor skill victories in our son. His accomplishments, so far, include: rolling over back to tummy and vice versa; accurately reaching for and grabbing toys, cell phones, remote controls, and Mommy's hair. He can manage world-class head control, sit up supported, eat from a spoon; and just yesterday... wave. It wasn't precisely a hand wave, but he gave it a valiant effort. He responded to Mommy and Daddy's arm waving by raising his right arm up in the air and smiling like a champ. And this was no fluke...he "waved" 3 different times. He also responds to his name 40% of the time.
More on the eating skills later... the David who brings home the bacon just pulled into the driveway and I want to hug my hubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment