Thursday, August 20, 2015

Our Kindergartner!

It's Monkey's first day of Kindergarten... can you believe? He was so terrific this morning... he made his bed, brushed his teeth, let me fix his hair without fussing or whining. My sweet hubby even woke up early to make Davey Tre pancakes for his first day of school. There were no tears when we said goodbye in the gym... and baby brother even gave him a big hug and kiss in there. I bet that doesn't happen for too many years before Davey realizes there's a cool factor at stake. Right before he and his classmates walked down the hall, I kissed him and said "Buddy, I'll be here to pick you up after school." Davey looked at me and asked "Mommy, could you please stay at the school the whole time I'm here and wait for me?" I said "Yes sweetheart, I'll be here the whole time, waiting right outside the school for you." He looked more reassured and walked (so bravely) in line out of the gym and down the hall and he was gone. I didn't cry until just now.









** Edit By Dave **   His pics were on the news tonight too!



1 comment:

  1. OH WHAT A GREAT DAY FOR SUCH A BIG BOY. Love, NiNi

    ReplyDelete