Monday, April 6, 2015

Hoppy Easter!

We had a terrific Easter Sunday. I will say though that we very much missed being able to share the day with family. I think David and I do a good job at making the most of holidays and experiences with the boys; but he and I know we can't fill that spot where grandparents would be. Yesterday was one of those days that makes it a little tough living so far away. That being said, we were blessed with the most beautiful weather. Lots of sun shining in a clear blue sky, temperature up in the low 60s... I tell you it felt like perfection. The Easter bunny hid dozens of eggs in our backyard and Davey cleaned house. Last year we were having to help him find eggs; this year he was like an egg vacuum. Oak wasn't quite sure what the objective was, but he thought whatever we were doing was fun. After egg hunting, the boys ate their candy and cookies and sorted through their goodies. Then we hopped on our bicycles and rode all around Sunbury. David's bike pulls the boys in a little bike trailer made for two. The boys wear seatbelts and helmets in there. David tracked our path; we rode over seven miles through neighborhoods and around the town square. (We're working up to a 24 mile round trip journey we are hoping to take later this Spring) When we got home, I started cooking the 9 lb. ham, boiled corn on the cob and parm risotto. The boys messed around outside for a while. We all sat down to eat and I felt very very very thankful for my boys and our small, nonetheless special, Easter Day.

















2 comments:

  1. OH MY CRYS, I love your ability to express your feelings. LOVE LOVE LOVE the darling photos! Your little family is precious. Want to see a photo of the two seater bike trailer, while the boys are in it of course. Love, NiNi

    ReplyDelete