In the battle over the bottle, the score is: Mommy zero, Davey alot. He absolutely hates bottles. I know what you are thinking... 'have someone else give him a bottle and he'll take it.' Good advice but it doesn't work on this child. Not anymore. He's old enough to see through the tricks. He has bigger strategies mastered... like refusing to eat for hours.
I thought I was weaning our son at six months. He's nearly seven months now and still nurses, but that's ok. After stressing about it and having a good long talk with my hubby, who joins our doctors in being very supportive of breastfeeding, I've decided to keep going, and I feel good about that. Although the clock is ticking. Especially since the two-toothed little boy bit me the other day. That's right, he clamped down on my lefty. I screamed. It hurt like hell but was more shocking than anything. Don't bite the boob that feeds ya, kid.
So we're going to bypass bottles and move straight on to sippy cups. He's getting the hang of them. Right now we just drink water from them. No juices or formulas. But some day soon, the Mommy milk factory will be closed and then it's Sippy Cup or Bust! ...wait, maybe I should reword that.
So we'll see. My child definitely has willpower. I'm ok with that. Willpower is a quality I admire. (Remind me I said that when he's 2 years old and acting like it.)
No comments:
Post a Comment